AP4CTE.org is a repository of Career Technical Education for Advanced Placement materials created and published by Downey Unified School District.
The project is led by the DUSD College and Career Readiness Department. Key contributors include:
- John M. Harris – Director of DUSD College and Career Readiness
- Regina Kloes-Corwin – Educator and Collaborative Partner at 2 Degree Shift
- Stacy Cabrera – Educator and Collaborative Partner at 2 Degree Shift
- Kelly Cooper – Educator and Collaborative Partner at 2 Degree Shift
- Daniela Sanchez – Administrator in DUSD College and Career Readiness
- Nancy Valdez – Senior Secretary in DUSD College and Career Readiness
- Shree Bhakta – TOSA/AVID District Coordinator in DUSD College and Career Readiness
All students graduate with a 21st Century education that ensures they are college and career ready, globally competitive, and citizens of strong character.
Downey Unified School District is committed to developing all students to be self-motivated learners and productive, responsible, and compassionate members of an ever-changing global society. Our highly qualified staff foster meaningful relationships with students, parents, and the community while providing a relevant and rigorous curriculum in facilities that advance teaching and learning.
Superintendent John A. Garcia, Jr., Ph.D.
Assistant Superintendent Roger Brossmer, Ed.D.
Director, College and Career Readiness John M. Harris
DUSD Board of Education
Barbara R. Samperi, President and Trustee Area 7
Martha E. Sodetani, Vice President and Trustee Area 1
Giovanna Perez-Saab, Clerk Trustee Area 3
D. Mark Morris, President and Trustee Area 6
Jose J. Rodriguez, Trustee Area 2
Linda Salomon Saldaña, Trustee Area 4
Nancy A. Swenson, Trustee Area 5
California Community College K12 Strong Workforce Program Round 3 award: Open-Source Downey taps into DUSD’s existing ecosystem and builds a culture of open education resources (OER) and industry collaborative work-based learning to be shared with high schools across the state.